Kickstart your professional marketing career with the Marketing Career Advancement Program
Marketing graduates now have an upper hand in excelling their careers in the Australian workplace. Incorporating marketing industry best practice, the AMI Marketing Career Advancement Program (MCAP) helps Marketing graduates develop employability skills for the Marketing profession and gain a marketing internship placement.
What is the Marketing Career Advancement Program?
Designed to supplement students’ university Marketing qualification through insights into current marketing best practice, the program will provide students with opportunities to showcase their skillset to prospective employers. The program will be delivered in partnership with Navitas Professional, who have a track record of successfully placing more than 10,000 students across 20+ industries in roles relevant to their professional studies.
MCAP is an accredited Marketing unit that will assist graduates in applying their research, planning and implementation skills to an authentic workplace-marketing project. Upon completion of the program, graduates will have the opportunity to have their skills and knowledge assessed in order to attain a Credential for Self-Management from Deakin University, which can be showcased in LinkedIn profiles and resumes to enhance personal branding.
All the program topics are engaging and relevant – they have been carefully designed in consultation with industry experts to optimise the students’ ability to launch a successful career in the Marketing profession. The 2018 report by FYA (Foundation for Young Australians) states that building enterprise skills in education can help new entrants to the job market shorten their time to finding full-time jobs in their chosen fields by up to 17 months. This program is designed to assist graduates kick-start a rewarding career quicker.
MCAP Info Session
Watch the online info session to find out more about the Marketing Career Advancement Program (MCAP), meet your trainer, and learn about opportunities to accelerate your career path in marketing.
What does it involve?
- Commencement Date: 27 July 2019
- Application Deadline: 24 July 2019
- Location: Sydney
- Length of program: 18 weeks; 6-week online and face-to-face coursework component
- Mode of contact: blended learning; 3 full-day face-to-face workshops and 3 online modules
- Vocational Placement: 12 week full-time or part-time
Includes soft skill development, job seeking strategies and tools including the Unit of Competency BSBMKG414 Undertake Marketing Activities*.
Benefits for participants
- Learning flexibility: Learn at your own pace with blended delivery
- Access to a Certified Professional Marketer mentor who can provide professional guidance and support
- Ongoing career counselling, networking opportunities and access to free professional development workshops
- Access to industry workshops and networking events, including discounts for AMI training and events at member rates
- One year unlimited access to Lynda.com, LinkedIn’s online training platform of software and business skills courses
- One year AMI Membership is included in cost of course
- New skills to advance to the next level of your career
How much will it cost?
This program will cost $2,250 inc GST (Total Value: $4,750.00inc GST )
*All applicants for the first intake will get their application fee of $250 waived, and receive a $2,250 scholarship
Local graduates and current final year students are qualified to participate in the Marketing Career Advancement Program, if they satisfy the following requirements:
- Have graduated in last 2 years or is about to graduate from Australian university
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in the field of Marketing or Communications
- Australian citizen or suitable visa holder (work and study rights)
- Be a native English speaker or demonstrate English language proficiency to a minimum PTE-A score of 50, IELTS band score 6.0 or equivalent
What people say
“As an industry-led program, the Marketing Career Advancement Program equips emerging marketers with the soft skills required to fast-track their employment prospects and to succeed in the workplace once they have gained employment.”
“Interning at AMI has been an amazing experience because they did not only give me a hands-on marketing experience but also took interest in advancing my career. The internship started with the manager helping me understand my own strengths and weaknesses and giving me a project that suited me. It was great to be able to take ownership of my own project and at the same time turn my weaknesses into strengths”
“If you can build your career around doing a decent diagnosis, build a pretty good strategy and play across a number of tactical levers, you’re going to be one of the more advanced marketers out there. Joining the AMI and learning developing yourself means that you will be in that top 10%.”
”With MCAP I get a 12 week internship with a company where I can boost my marketing skills. I get to know what works in the industry and I can improve my LinkedIn profile, I’ll be prepped for the interview and I can tell them, yes I have the relevant experience and I qualify for the role.”
Watch Mark Ritson’s Career Tips for Emerging Marketers
Information for Host Companies
A host company is an organisation which offers training to students and recent graduates through a work integrated learning (WIL) opportunity. The host company provides the intern with a safe learning environment and a mentor who helps them to apply the theoretical knowledge learned through university study in a practical work environment.
AMI’s partner, Navitas, has a business reputation as an ASX top 100 company, giving them access the leading businesses in Australia who rely on them to provide quality placements and internships.
The benefits of Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
There are no costs for partnering with AMI and Navitas Professional when accepting an intern into your organisation. The internship is an unpaid placement where interns are insured by Navitas, minimising risk or financial expense to your organisation.
Incorporating interns into your ongoing business strategy provides:
- access to highly trained, entry-level graduates and identification of future talent
- opportunities for existing staff to develop workplace training, management and mentoring capabilities
- relief of skills shortages, resources to develop new projects and test ideas
- an outlet for corporate social responsibility and means of contributing to your industry and community
Register your interest to be a host company
For more information
Visit the Navitas website for more information or call 1300 728 966 to speak to a Career Consultant.
*BSBMKG414 Undertake Marketing Activities is delivered by Navitas Professional Training Pty Ltd (RTO: 21663)