Strategic Brand Management – reinvented for the future
5 month course
Monday 2 March – Monday 10 August 2020
9.30 am – 1.30 pm
1/21 Chandos Street,
Face to face/Virtual Classroom + Online
5 x half day sessions (9am to 1pm) and 15 x 1 hour weekly virtual check-in
AMI Member Value
This course qualifies for 35 hours of professional development under the AMI’s Certified Practicing Marketer program.
While the core fundamentals of Strategic Brand Management are still extremely relevant and remain unchanged, the way in we need to market our brands has changed rapidly over the last few years. Consumers are more connected, informed & sceptical. Competitors are appearing and innovating at a rapid rate and despite having more data than ever, new insights and ideas are harder to find.
This course has been created to combine the long-standing principles of strategic brand management with the new agile and dynamic thinking we need for our brands to thrive into today’s uber-competitive, ever changing digital world.
This course is designed for emerging marketing leaders – Brand Managers and Marketing Managers. It will help lift your strategic brand management game and give you loads of practical tools & tips to take back to your business. Plus, it is packed full of inspiring case studies of brands who are doing it well.
It is a 5-month program that focuses on the core competencies required for a successful career in Marketing & Brand Management. We cover the essentials in 5 modules – Situation Assessment & Insight Development, Brand Positioning, Strategic Planning, Communications & Innovation.
Your time commitment is just 7 hours a month over a 5-month period, with a combination of 1/2 day classroom sessions and weekly 1 hour virtual check-ins.
Best of all, we will apply the learnings to your live brand challenges, so you will leave with work done! A complete situation assessment with game-changing insights; a meaningful & distinctive brand positioning; a robust, actionable marketing plan; an inspiring, integrated communications brief and a breakthrough innovation strategy.
The 5 future-focused fundamentals covered:
- Situation Assessment & Insight Development
- Brand Vision & Propositions
- Brand Strategy & Portfolio Planning
- Communications Strategy & Execution
- Innovation Strategy, Ideation & Commercialisation
What you will take away
The 5 future-focused fundamentals covered:
- Situation Assessment & Insight Development:
- Understand how to properly determine & define your business/brand problem to be solved before commencing a situation assessment or insight dig
- Practice how to synthesis large amounts of data and facts into conclusions & actionable insights using a time-tested methodology
- Learn how to connect the dots between these insights & dig deep beyond the surface to uncover more powerful opportunities to drive growth for your brand
- Brand Vision & Propositions:
- Segment and choose potential consumer target groups that are large enough to generate growth and have unmet needs, desires or tension your brand can solve.
- Define your competitive framework for long term growth and understand your unique/superior position within that framework.
- Develop a brand proposition, purpose & personality that is meaningful to target consumers, distinctive to competitors, and supported by reasons to believe and a purpose that is authentic and credible
- Define your Brand Guardrails to guide and keep day-to-day decision making on track with the long term ambition. What your brand must be, could be and never be.
- Brand Strategy & Portfolio Planning:
- Assess & prioritise the strategic options uncovered during your situation assessment
- Write measurable & achievable objectives that will correct your defined business problem
- Develop strategies that will leverage market opportunities, achieve your objectives & build upon your brand vision & purpose
- Ideate an activity calendar to execute your strategies across the full marketing mix
- Develop a masterbrand portfolio map to ensure plans are complementary & incremental
- Communications Strategy & Execution:
- Define the overarching communications task with specific behaviour or attitude changes your strategy must deliver
- Deliver the right message in the right moment at the right time with a consumer journey map that tracks your insight/opportunity along the path to purchase, evolves your message along this journey & prioritises best touchpoints for receptivity
- Discover best-practice process for an integrated agency brief & creative development plus practice feedback on Big Ideas and executions
- Innovation Strategy, Ideation & Commercialisation:
- Understand how to think like an entrepreneur whilst operating within a corporate entity
- Learn & practice how to become human-centric in your thinking and observe behaviours to uncover latent, unmet needs & problems your brand could solve for
- Learn several ideation techniques to turn opportunities into ideas ready to be prototyped and validated with consumers. Apply ideation techniques to live innovation challenge
- Understand best practice processes to brief, develop & commercialise the ideas to market
Who is this course for
Brand Managers and new Marketing Managers who want to build their strategic thinking skills and build their brand management competency for future marketing leadership roles.
Those who work in SME’s and don’t have exposure to senior marketing leaders and internal training to help coach and develop them
People who do not necessarily work in the marketing field but want to step up their Strategic Thinking & Planning skills and build their marketing knowledge for future General Manager roles.
Anne Ricci is a Marketing Capability Specialist, passionate brand advocate & Founder of via Marca Brand Strategy & Capability. Her mission is to help businesses build brands that matter & marketing teams that thrive.
With a corporate career spanning almost 20 years, Anne worked on some of Australia’s most loved brands, building a strong track record of delivering business results, positioning brands for success and leading marketing capability programs, both locally and globally.
Her last role was the envy of many – as the Global Marketing Director leading the launch of Tim Tams into the US & China. Yes, she had a never-ending pack! She left 3 years ago to start via Marca, kick her chocolate habit and has since helped organisations lift their strategic brand management game across many industries including FMCG, Health & Wellness, Sport & Entertainment and Not for Profit.
Anne’s approach to capability & training is to teach you the core brand management fundamentals which she has reinvented for application in our future-focused, fast-paced digital world. She is passionate about brands so her sessions are high energy, filled with inspiring case studies and practical tools that are yours to keep.
She also knows how busy you are so she builds in the opportunity to work on your own brand challenges within the training programs. So you leave with work done and get feedback from a fresh-eyed, seasoned professional!