Certified Practising Marketer
The Certified Practising Marketer (CPM) designation is the only peak professional benchmark of its kind for Marketers in the Asia-Pacific Region. The CPM title officially recognises both formal education and the successful application of your marketing knowledge and skills in practise.
The $125 CPM Assessment fee
is waived until the end of June 2020.
Trust Mark of a Marketing Professional
The CPM title is earned through ethical behaviour, depth of experience and currency of knowledge. But most of all, it’s the respected sign of distinction of a Marketing Professional who continually strives to further the practice through leadership and innovation through continuous learning.
Why become a CPM?
As a CPM, you are distinguished as a coveted professional in your field, and its recognition enhances your career prospects by reflecting your high-levels of integrity, ethical standards, trust, and competency & expertise.
Point of difference
CPM is the only peak professional benchmark of its kind in the Asia-Pacific Region. It is earned through ethical behaviour, depth of experience and currency of knowledge.
CPMs are required to undertake a minimum of 100 points of Professional Maintenance Program (PMP) each year to maintain your certification.
Awards and recognition
Be rewarded as the CPM of the Year at the annual Australian Marketing Institute Awards for Marketing Excellence.
CPM Assessment Criteria
CPM certification is based on both quantitative and qualitative assessments of career achievements, work history and education. To be successful the applicant must accumulate 650 points across all three areas.
A CPM Matrix is used to further assess applications using four criteria. These consist of educational qualifications, job function, level of seniority and practical experience.
How to become a CPM?
1. Become an AMI Member
AMI Professional Membership is a prerequisite for anyone wishing to apply for CPM accreditation.
2. Gain industry experience
CPM candidates typically have a minimum of five years of practical marketing management experience, a recognised marketing qualification* and extensive marketing knowledge and background.
3. Apply for CPM assessment
CPM assessment is based on both quantitative and qualitative assessments of career achievements, work history and education.
*The completion of a program accredited, certified, or registered by the Australian Marketing Institute entitles you towards a credit reduction in time needed to become a CPM.
CPM Member Directory
The AMI CPM Directory presents Certified Practising Marketers and their skills to the professional community. Providing a trust mark of marketing professionalism and standards, the Certified Practising Marketer designation helps marketers in their career advancement, improving earning potential, knowledge sharing with industry peers and building professional brand and credibility.
To qualify, Certified Practising Marketer candidates typically have:
Extensive practical marketing management experience with recognised marketing qualification/s.
- 10 years marketing management experience/practice
- Extensive marketing knowledge and background experience
- A marketing degree or graduate diploma in marketing is the basic education level. It is however recognised that people can enter marketing without marketing qualifications and credit is therefore given for completed qualifications in other disciplines and any marketing studies undertaken.
- In some circumstances, substantial marketing experience can substitute for qualifications. However, in these cases applicants must demonstrate conceptual competence acquired through more than 10 years of specific marketing practice.
- A minimum of 5 years broad marketing experience is required. Applicants must demonstrate a breadth of experience with more than one area of marketing expertise such as digital marketing or market research.
- Applicants are required to provide a resumé of their professional achievements. Clear career progress, increasing functional responsibility and seniority indicate a track record of professional achievement.
- Evidence of work done, results achieved and career highlights are sought. All claims must be independently substantiated.
- A written reference from your superviser, client or another Certified Practising Marketer.
AMI Professional Membership is a prerequisite for anyone wishing to apply for CPM accreditation. By becoming a member of the AMI, you are joining a well established and diverse community of marketers who belong to the association which advocates for your profession and supports you in building your skills as a professional marketer.
Get In Touch
We look forward to helping you build your knowledge, develop meaningful partnerships and give back to the wider marketing community. If you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact the AMI Membership Team, using the form below or on (02) 8256 1654.