Information for Providers
The Institute’s ‘Assessment and Accreditation of Marketing Courses in Tertiary Education Guide’ aims to assist institutions in preparing submissions for accreditation/ endorsement/recognition of their courses. The guidelines, in three parts, provide:
- An overview of the background to accreditation
- An outline of the accreditation criteria guidelines for the assessment process
- A description of the accreditation process from initiation to the final report.
The framework will be reviewed every three years to ensure currency in response to evolving local and global marketing practices and needs.
For each application, the Institute will appoint a qualified assessment team, comprising subject matter experts who will evaluate and provide constructive feedback on the submission. The assessment team seeks to assure the Accreditation & Professional Development Board that the applicant has demonstrated that they are meeting, or will meet, the Institute’s standards for professional marketing education.
Educational institutions can download the appropriate guides, registration, and application forms below.
The Australian Marketing Institute’s process entails accreditation/ endorsement/recognition (validating that standards are met) and peer review to promote high standards of marketing education, to stimulate self-analysis, and to assist the institution under review to achieve its objectives. The review is conducted in a collegiate manner that includes consultation, advice, and feedback.
The review process follows this pathway:
- The institution conducts a self-study guided by the criteria described in the Institute’s application documentation, ‘Part 2: Accreditation Criteria Guidelines,’ and submits the application to the Institute
- The Institute appoints an assessor team to review the marketing programs
- The team reviews the institution’s documentation and assesses whether it is meeting the applicable standards and its objectives. The team confirms the information in the accreditation submission by holding discussions with senior academics and administrators involved in the relevant education programs, students, and others associated with the delivery of the education programs
- The Accreditation & Professional Development Board considers the assessor team’s report, with final signoff by the chair. To start the process, providers should review the Institute’s three-part guide, ‘Assessment and Accreditation of Marketing Courses in Tertiary Education’ then download and complete the registration form found below.
Accreditation Application Forms
Endorsement Application Form
Universities awarded accreditation for delivering quality programs to students
As the leading professional marketing association in Australia, the AMI serves a key role as the conduit bringing together industry and academia through accreditation. A successful marketing career is founded on choosing to study the right marketing program. Read more
The AMI, selected universities and vocational sector partners are driving an agenda emphasising Workplace Integrated Learning to be incorporated into course curricula. Because employers seek job ready Marketing graduates; holding an AMI accredited credential is a certain asset. Read more
The globally recognised Brand Management program from Melbourne Business School is created and delivered by renowned marketing expert Mark Ritson. The comprehensive five-day program offers a clear way to upgrade your brand management skills. Read more