2024 AWARD CATEGORIES
The 2024 AMI Marketing Excellence Awards is coming back in February!
Explore the categories now and make sure you enter bright and early!
Creativity in Brand, Product or Service Marketing
Excellence in Customer Experience
Data & Insight Driven Marketing
PR Campaign of the year
Loyalty & Retention
Not for Profit Marketing
Product or Service Launch or Relaunch
Public Sector Marketing
Small Budget Marketing
Social Media Marketing
Certified Practising Marketer of the Year
Chief Marketing Officer of the Year
Emerging Marketer of the Year
Future Leader of the Year
Independent Marketing Agency of the Year
Large National Network Agency of the Year
Life Member Award
Sir Charles McGrath Award
Marketing Team of the Year
Marketing Campaign of the Year (Up to $1 million & 1 million and above)
2024 AMI AWARDS KEY DATES
Mark these dates so that you don’t miss out on any deadlines and
openings for the 2024 AMI Marketing Excellence Awards.
EARLY BIRD AWARDS ENTRIES
REGULAR AWARD ENTRIES
AWARD ENTRIES CLOSE
AMI MARKETING EXCELLENCE AWARDS CELEBRATION
RULES & ELIGIBILITY
The profession of marketing is evolving rapidly.
As your industry body, our vision is to help our members keep up, be successful and demonstrate the strategic power that marketing plays in the business world today. The annual Australian Marketing Institute’s Marketing Excellence Awards are presented to organisations and marketers who have achieved excellence and success from innovative and effective marketing.
As the most established and respected Marketing Awards in Australia, the AMI Marketing Excellence Awards provides the opportunity to promote, experience, recognise and celebrate excellence in the marketing community.
The AMI aims to experience, promote, recognise and celebrate excellence in marketing practice.
Submissions are invited from individuals and organisations irrespective of turnover or industry, unless otherwise specified. Submissions are accepted from individuals and organisations operating within the APAC region or marketing campaigns executed for the region. The entry must have been active within the period of 1 January 2023 to 30 April 2024. Awards will be presented to the organisation or person named in the entry form.
Awards entry prices start from $395 incl. GST for the AMI members and $595 incl. GST for non-members.
CAMPAIGN CATEGORY SUBMISSION WEIGHTING
Categories are open to both B2C and B2B entrants. Judges will consider the merits of each submission taking into consideration that metrics and success factors differ between B2C and B2B marketing programs. Judges will consider the linkage between strategy, execution and outcomes achieved.
SPECIAL CATEGORY SUBMISSION WEIGHTING
Each Special Category has its own set of criteria, and we recommend looking at the category description to determine what the judges will be looking for.
CREATING YOUR ENTRY
- Read the Terms & Conditions
- Read the Submission Criteria and Weighting guides on previous tabs
- Read the category descriptors on the Awards page when you log in
- Collect evidence of research, implementation strategies, evaluations and key outcomes
- Craft your submission based on the weighting guide and category requirements
- Upload your organisations logo and campaign image
- Upload any additional links, graphics or documents to support your entry
- If part of a client or 3rd party program complete the details of the external contact person for submission approval
- Complete the details of who will be collecting the award if you win
- Complete information for trophy/certificate
- Review your entry
- Submit – make payment to ensure your entry will be judged
- You will still be able to amend your entry until 15 May 2024
If the award submission is on behalf of a client or part of a 3rd party program please ensure you have permission from the content owner as well as relevant contact details for a person in the organisation. This person will be contacted to provide authorisation for entry into the program prior to the submission moving into judging.
Announcement of finalists will take place via Zoom on the 15th of August 2024.
The Marketing Excellence Gala Ceremony will be held in October 2024 in Melbourne, VIC, to recognise and award the finalists and announce and award the National winners of each campaign category. Each finalist will receive a trophy/plaque as well.
- The entry/campaign must have been active within the period of 1 January 2023 to 30 April 2024.
- Early bird submissions paid by: 14 March 2024 at 5pm (AEDT).
- Submission deadline: 30 April 2024 at 5pm (AEST).
- Late entries: The award submissions not paid before 5pm (AEST) 30 April 2024 will incur a late fee of $195 (inc GST). The system will automatically apply this fee between 30 April and 15 May 2024, when the entries platform will close.
- Finalists will be announced in August 2024 via Zoom.
- AMI Marketing Excellence Awards Celebration: Date TBD October 2024, Melbourne, VIC
FROM ORDINARY TO OUTSTANDING:
A GUIDE TO AWARD SUBMISSIONS WEBINAR
Are you considering entering the 2024 AMI Marketing Excellence Awards but not sure where to start with your submission?
The CEO of the AMI, Bronwyn Powell along with Alicia Beachley, CEO of April 5 Agency and Zeina Khodr, CEO of Paper + Spark will spill their secrets at the From Ordinary to Outstanding: A Guide to Award Submissions.
This is an exclusive opportunity only extended to our Certified Practising Marketers. The AMI Marketing Excellence Awards have been a platform for recognising exceptional achievements in marketing through innovative and effective practices for more than 40 years. Benefits of being a judge: Count towards your PMP. Exposure to innovative marketing campaigns & give back to the industry. Digital badge for being a judge.
The AMI Awards judging process happens every year in June, the call for judges is sent out to our Certified Practising Marketers in May.
INCLUSIVE AWARDS CATEGORIES
This year, there are 17 campaign categories and 11 special awards categories. Submissions are open to any organisation regardless of the industry or sector you operate in. Rather than offering industry specific categories, entrants are encouraged to enter award categories most relevant to the nature of their entry.
MOMENTS OF THE 2022
AMI MARKETING EXCELLENCE AWARDS CELEBRATION
2024 AWARDS FOR MARKETING EXCELLENCE PARTNERSHIP AND SPONSORSHIP
OUR TRUSTED PARTNERS & SPONSORS
If you would like to partner with AMI or become an award category sponsor, contact the AMI Awards Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for information about sponsorship and partnership opportunities.