Marketing industry recognises excellence, celebrates success at annual state AMI Awards in Victoria
Victoria marketing professionals have gathered inside Pullman Melbourne On the Park to celebrate the success of the Victoria industry’s most outstanding achievements of the year at the 2017 Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) State Awards for Marketing Excellence Presentation.
Top state honour for the Marketing Team of the Year went to ME Bank, while Matthew Lee from RMIT was named the Victoria Chief Marketing Officer of the Year.
This year’s AMI National and State Awards saw the dedicated team of expert judges assess a record number of nominations across 28 awards categories.
Lee Tonitto, CEO of AMI, said: “These awards were presented to organisations and marketers who have achieved extraordinary results from innovative and effective marketing practices. As an industry we recognised and celebrated the biggest marketing success stories of the year on national and state levels.”
Over the years the AMI Awards for Marketing Excellence have evolved in response to new developments in marketing theory and practice to reflect the growing appreciation of the critical role of marketing as the vital source of value creation for a business.
“While there could only be so many winners, the variety and quality of all the awards entries once again highlighted the strength of the marketing profession in Australia,” Tonitto said.
The full list of Victoria state award winners:
- Brand Revitalisation: Think Young, Deakin University
- Consumer Research Insights: ‘Tram Talks’ – The world’s first mobile lecture theatre, Deakin University
- Consumer Retention: Tying up those loose ends, TelstraSuper
- Content Marketing: White Night Melbourne 2017, Hardhat
- Creativity in Brand, Product or Service Marketing (new or brand extension): Think Young Brand Campaign, Deakin University
- Customer Experience Marketing: Whistle blows, train goes, V/Line
- Education: Made Possible By Melbourne, The University of Melbourne
- Experiential, Sensorial and Internal Employee Marketing: Civic Hatch Launch, Aesthetic
- Financial Services Marketing: How AAMI created a category of one, Ogilvy Australia
- Integrated Marketing Communications: Made Possible By Melbourne, The University of Melbourne
- Marketing Communications: B2C and B2B: One less thing to worry about, Belong
- Not for Profit Marketing: Breaking Habits, Hardhat
- Public Sector Marketing: Register for the BSWAT Payment Scheme, Eleven Strategic Communications
- Social Media and Digital Marketing: Thrills, No Spills, Isobar Australia
- Sponsorship Marketing: Celebrating Celebrations, Gemba
- Marketing Team Of The Year: ME Bank
- Chief Marketing Officer of the Year: Matthew Lee, RMIT