The AMI Mentoring Program – Emerging Marketers provides aspiring emerging marketers with an opportunity to connect with senior marketing professionals, get valuable insight into the industry and develop their skills to give them a competitive edge in their careers.
Our mentors are Certified Practising Marketers (CPMs) who work across Marketing & Communications, Advertising, Media, and Professional Services.
Mentees must be graduated and have 3-10 years of work experience.
Apply for the 2023 AMI Mentoring Program
We are proud of the community of marketing mentors, academic partners, and committee members who have supported the AMI Mentoring Program – Emerging Marketers during the last ten years. Over 250 people have invested in providing opportunities for emerging marketers to develop their skills and get valuable insights into the industry and their careers.
2023 AMI Mentoring Program – Emerging Marketers Fact Sheet
The AMI Mentoring Program – Emerging Marketers is a 7-month mentoring program designed to connect senior marketers with Australia’s emerging marketing talent.
For those in Tasmania and the Northern Territory, the AMI offers mentoring via virtual platform and management by an affiliate state.
- Length of program: Seven months
- Frequency of contact: Monthly (minimum)
- Commitment: 2 hours per month (more if suitable)
- Materials to Submit Monthly: Logbooks & Satisfaction Surveys
- Recommended mode of contact: Face to face, virtual, phone, email
- Program interaction
- Paired exclusively with a mentor/mentee for the duration of the program
- Program meet and greet event in each active state
- Online learning platform containing; advice, tools and discussion points designed to enhance the mentor/mentee relationship
- 7 online Topic of the Month networking events where you can address your questions to marketers from the top companies
- Program Meet and Greet events for each State.
- February 2023: Applications open for Mentors & Mentees
- 21 April 2023: Applications closed for Mentors & Mentees
- 28 April 2023: Matching Process Concludes
- 1 May 2023: Mentoring starts
- 2 May 2023: Program Launch – Participants’ Online Briefing
- May – November 2023: Topic of the month events (every 2nd Tuesday of the month)
- November 2023: Nationwide Program Wrap Up online event
- Develop your skills to become a better mentor
- Connect with the future marketing leaders of tomorrow
- Network with emerging and senior marketers across different industries and sectors
- Feel the challenge and excitement of working with a passionate marketer
- Earn qualifying hours towards maintaining your Certified Practising Marketer (CPM) status
- Experience the reward of helping someone be the best marketer they can be
- There is no cost to become a mentor
- AMI Professional or Fellow membership
- Certified Practising Marketer (CPM) certification
- Exclusive connection with a senior marketer who can provide professional guidance and support for the duration of the program
- Skills to support advancement to the next stage in your career
- Actionable career insights into industry trends and the changing social and digital landscape
- Network with your peers and marketers across different industries and sectors
- Online forums to connect, engage and knowledge-share with other participants
- Guided discussion topics relevant to progressing careers
- Discounts on AMI curated workshops
- Eligibility to enter as an Emerging Marketer of the Year applicant in the 2022 AMI Awards for Marketing Excellence
- AMI Career Starter/Professional membership
- Must have from 3-10 years of work experience in the marketing field
- Must be graduated from an undergraduate or postgraduate program
2023 AMI Mentoring Program – Emerging Marketers
6 February 2023: Applications Open for Mentors & Mentees
21 April 2023: Matching Process Concludes Between Mentees & Mentors
1 May 2023: Mentoring Starts
2 May 2023: Program Launch – Participants’ Online Briefing
May – November 2023: Topic of the Month Event (every 2nd Tuesday of the month)
14th November 2023: Nationwide Program Wrap Up Online Event
November 2023: Graduation and Network State Events
Become a Mentor for the 2023 AMI Mentoring Program – Emerging Marketers
Become a Mentee for the 2023 AMI Mentoring Program – Emerging Marketers
AMI Mentors are senior marketing professionals who are qualified Certified Practising Marketers. The CPM title is earned through ethical behaviour, depth of experience and currency of knowledge. But most of all, it’s the respected sign of distinction of a Marketing Professional who continually strives to further the practice through leadership and innovation through continuous learning.
Digital Marketing Consultant
AMI Mentoring Program – Emerging Marketers
“The Emerging Marketers program has been an invaluable experience for my career development. The focus topics were insightful and relevant to the modern workplace and more importantly, my mentor became an invaluable supporter, leader and friend. I highly recommend the program for all”
From AMI Mentoring Program – Emerging Marketers Patron
“I’m really proud to be the patron of the AMI Emerging Marketers Mentoring Program. Mentoring is valuable for marketers at any stage in their career because it gives you a network and someone to lean on as well as additional support and that feedback loop which is invaluable for all marketers. For senior marketers looking to give back, get involved because what we might take for granted as marketers and as assumed knowledge isn’t actually and we can provide some great insights, council and leadership to our community and what that will do is give our whole marketing community, and more broadly Australia a better outcome. “